What is PVC?
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a chemical mixture of carbon, hydrogen and chlorine. Its components are derived from crude oil (43%) and salt (57%).
It’s the plastic with the lowest dependence on oil.
PVC is a lightweight, chemically inert and harmless material.
Does PVC yellow over time?
- At VALLASPVC we extrude in Spain.
- In order to maintain the white color, titanium dioxide is added.
- 10-year white color guaranteed.
- Discoloration is uniform, homogeneous and not noticeable.
Is PVC pollutant?
- Neither PVC nor its wastes are classified as hazardous in any European directive or regulation.
- It is commonly used in hospitals, schools.
- PVC is 100% recyclable.
- PVC contains lead-free stabilizers = Protection of humans and the environment.
Is PVC flammable?
- PVC fences are a self-extinguish material.
- Temperatures between 300o C and 400o C are necessary to cause ignition.
- The action of high heat on PVC results in the decomposition of low-toxicity compounds.